Our top priority at D&T Appliance Service Company is the safety and the well-being of our customers and team members. Since the onset of COVID-19, we’ve followed the guidance of federal, state, and local authorities to curb the spread of the infection.
As of today, states throughout the country have declared a state of emergency and are recommending that all non-essential gatherings of large groups be postponed or canceled.
D&T Appliance Service Company will continue to provide in-home service to our customers during this time.
We have provided our technicians and office staff with the necessary training to ensure that the proper safety measures and sanitation procedures are being followed at all times.
What to Expect During Your Service Appointment
According to the CDC, the coronavirus (COVID-19) is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person contact or interaction. To ensure the safety of our customers and employees, we’re taking the following measures and precautions.
- The technician will call you prior to arrival and he will ask if everyone in the home is still healthy. Please be available to answer the technician’s call. We will not go out to the home if we do not receive an answer or call back. The technician is able to wait 15 minutes for a call back before going on to his next customer.
- When our technician arrives, he will not shake hands or make direct contact with anyone in your home. We ask that you follow CDC recommendations and maintain 6 feet between you and our technician.
- Before we get started, our technician may request to wash his hands. Please provide a clean sink with warm water and soap should he ask. Our technicians do have hand sanitizer to use prior to the service call and will use disposable gloves while in the home. The gloves will be disposed of properly after the service call is completed.
- At this time, all receipts and other materials will preferably be sent in digital format via email. Please be sure to provide your technician with a valid email address.
- Before leaving your home, our technician may request to wash his hands. Our technicians do have hand sanitizer to use prior to leaving your home.
Office & Parts Department Equipment Handling
Although you will only come into direct contact with our service technician, our office & parts staff are also working hard to stay safe and sanitary. To ensure your safety, we’ve implemented a thorough cleaning procedure and can conduct additional cleanings if needed.